I created this blog to post updates about our (me and my family's) journey with God as we walk through the process of fighting cancer. My Mom (Noreta Bowers) was diagnosed with gall bladder cancer on August 5, 2010. She is 71 years old and I want to "be just like her when I grow up." My nerves and emotions are raw but I have a close circle of family and friends that I know want to keep up with how my Mom is doing. This blog should do the trick.
Monday, August 30, 2010
$100 dollar bill
Mom got the port it. Thank you Lord. All went well and Dad said it really went better than either of them ever expected. Mom's voice even sounded like herself when she called to tell me she was at home. Chemo starts on Wednesday. Again, I pray SPECIFICALLY that the chemo will NOT make her sick. In fact, please pray it will INCREASE her appetite like the oncologist said she has seen with this type of chemo. Yesterday I posted about the meaning of praying. I have to share this special story about answered prayer as it just all seems to come together in only a way that God can work. Savannah called me today and asked me if she had told me the story about the $100 dollar bill. I said no. She proceeded to tell me that last week she waited on a man and his wife. When they got ready to leave they said they left the money on the table. When she went to pick up the check, on the table was money for the tab, plus a 20% tip, and underneath the check was a $100 dollar bill. She took the bill to her manager and said "there is no way they left this for me; it must have been an accident and I do not feel comfortable taking this." The manager said they would put a note on it and stick it in the safe. She told Savannah how appreciative she was for doing that. Please understand that I had tears streaming down my face when she was telling me this story because I pray for Savannah every day. I pray for "big tip money" because she is a struggling college student. I knew the end of this story before she even told me. This was an answered prayer she was telling me. The other day, about a week after the incident the manager gave her the money and told her that this was her money. It must have been meant for her because the man had not come back looking for the money. The managers could have just pocketed that money but instead they gave it to Savannah. They also told her how awesome it was to have such a good person like her working for them. I am not posting this to brag on my daughter. I am posting this to show that GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS. His provisions are all around us, we just have to look for them. Pray for Mom; please pray for my Mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is awesome & I'm so glad you shared that story about Savannah. Praying for protection & provision in all of the details of the chemo treatment tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteWylie
Teresa, This is a great testament to God’s goodness and grace. God is Real! Savannah is in school doing the right thing. This is demonstration of how devoted parents can produce outstanding children with integrity and strong moral principles. You should be very proud. Thank you for taking the time to share. Reba
ReplyDeleteTeresa,
ReplyDeleteI have many stories like this one with Savannah- so cool! We serve a great God and he cares about us SO MUCH!!!!!
XOXO
Jan B