I created this blog to post updates about our (me and my family's) journey with God as we walk through the process of fighting cancer. My Mom (Noreta Bowers) was diagnosed with gall bladder cancer on August 5, 2010. She is 71 years old and I want to "be just like her when I grow up." My nerves and emotions are raw but I have a close circle of family and friends that I know want to keep up with how my Mom is doing. This blog should do the trick.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Tired
Mom had her first treatment but it was a little of an ordeal. They wanted to check her kidneys and bladder because her "levels" still did not look right. They did an ultrasound and everything looked good. Blessing. They only gave her one bag of chemo because they needed to give her a bag of fluids. She met with the nutrtionist and I think she is going to try the pill they give you to increase your appetite. She goes back tomorrow to meet with the doctor about that and to get another bag of fluids. She was real excited that they did not have to poke around on her to get her lab work done. She said "they did all of my blood work through that port and that was nice." Blessing. Mom just really needs to want to eat right now. She is living off of nothing. The nutritionist told her she has got to eat more than popcicles and drink Gatorade. So we pray she will get that pill and that it will work for her. She is just real tired. But, hardly any pain. She has not taken a pain pill for almost a week. God is surely working that out. We have a family reunion this weekend and she wants to go and I pray that she will feel good enough to go because when it comes right down to it- family has your back. I know it will bless her and she will bless them if she can go. This was my God's minute email today and the words are so pure and true. I just think about what my Mom is going through and then know that His word; what he promises is so true: He who dwells in the shelter of the most high will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. And "Because he loves Me," says the Lord, "I will rescue Him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges My name. He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble. I will deliver him and honor him. (Psalm 91:1) & (Psalm 91:14-15).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amen, amen, amen!!! I'm so glad you are blogging so we can know how to pray specifically. Love you, girl!
ReplyDelete