Friday, November 12, 2010

Miracle

I have nothing but good news to report about Mom.  The shrinking of the tumour was a prayer answered.  Since then Mom has just started to want to eat meals again.  Not Boost or soup or apples but Mexican combo platters and hamburgers.  Of course she can not scarf it all down but she can eat about half or 3/4's.  That is another prayer answered.  She had her chemo treatment on Wednesday and since then her appetite has waned a bit but I think she is comfortable knowing the symptoms of the chemo now.  Before she did not know if it was chemo or if it was the cancer. So, she knows there are going to be a few days ahead where she may not want to eat but she also knows it will not last.  Her next treatment is not scheduled until after Thanksgiving so she was glad to know that.  One thing about this- it has brought the "not knowing" to the surface of all of our thoughts.  But, you know, none of us know from one day to the next what is going to happen.  This cancer thing just seems to make us think of it more, especially when it is happening to someone you love.  If you go each day thinking specifically about it, you will just be sad.  This whole experience has made me realize that you have to think like God.  What that means to me is I have to turn away from concentrating on what is wrong in my life and my troubles and be keenly aware of the world.  There are so many blessings if we would just look and listen.  Serve others and get the mind off of self.  That is why I am here on this earth- not for me to see what I can do for me- but for me to see what I can do for others.  Thinking like God also means to think big things can happen.  God has already proved himself in the case of the Mom.  She does not take pain medication, she is able to function doing daily tasks, she is eating and enjoying life.  This is answered prayer.  God can do things in a big way.  We just have to ask him to do it.  But it is still up to him.  We need to be bold in our prayers and continue praying always.  In my Bible study last week I read a quote from a great missionary.  He said that where people often fail in prayer is they do not continue praying until they see the blessing completed.  I do not want to fail in any of my prayer requests, especially this one for my Mom.  I am asking my dear friends that are praying for my Mom to please keep this in mind and please continue with your bold, uplifting requests for not only my Mom but for any prayers that you have.  Thanks for checking in.  Love, Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment