Saturday, September 18, 2010

Nachos

Mom had her second treatment on Wednesday.  Praise God!  That was an answered prayer.  Last Sunday, we were all a little down due to the fact that Mom still was not eating much at all.  Dad was concerned that she would not be able to have her treatment this week because of that.  I asked him if he wanted me to talk to her because if I do, I know that it will make her agitated.  I think she is getting tired of us all asking her what she has eaten every time we see her and she even told me once "not to fuss at her".  So, I was hesitant to say anything.  But, Dad said to talk to her so I did.  We had a good, long talk last Sunday night.  I told her that this was a battle she needed to fight and that I had not seen any fighting spirit in her.  She admitted that she had not really had a fighting spirit.  We discussed that she needed to get mad at this cancer and fight it as her enemy with all she had in her to fight.  She agreed and ended the call with " I will try to do better".  I did not get a chance to talk to her again until Tuesday and when I called her and asked what she was doing she said that she had just eaten 2 bowls of nachos and cheese dip!  When I asked her why she did that, she said "because I wanted to".  Again, Praise God!  Her appetite all week has been so much better.  I attribute it to answered prayer.  She has this specific prayer on her prayer list- "Dear God, help me to eat".  So, nachos and cheese have been the meal of the week.  Friday she ate some Chinese food which included an entire egg roll.  I know that does not sound much to you and me but this is ALOT for my Mom at one sitting.  The chemo has not made her sick.  Another answered prayer.  She is just real tired.  I heard another song this week.  Not sure who sings it but the lyrics spoke to my heart.  It talks about always having a mountain (obstacle) in our way.  It is not about how fast I get to the other side of that mountain or even about getting there at all.  It is all about the climb.  That is life.  Life is a climb and if we go through it always wanting to hurry up and get the obstacle out of our way, we will miss what God wants us to learn on the climb.  So, that is what I am trying to do - learn on the climb- and in my Mom's sweet way, she is trying to do that too.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Teresa!
    So glad to hear your good updates! I love you all so very much!!!!
    I believe you are talking about the song "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus. It's a wonderful song...especially coming from "Hannah Montana"! :)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete