I created this blog to post updates about our (me and my family's) journey with God as we walk through the process of fighting cancer. My Mom (Noreta Bowers) was diagnosed with gall bladder cancer on August 5, 2010. She is 71 years old and I want to "be just like her when I grow up." My nerves and emotions are raw but I have a close circle of family and friends that I know want to keep up with how my Mom is doing. This blog should do the trick.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Praise
Mom did go to the reunion at Uncle Jerry's and Aunt Ruth's this weekend. She was tired but she was glad she got to go and everyone was glad to see her as well. She went back for her second treatment today and could not have it due to her white blood cell count not being where it needed to be. She was disappointed but the Doctor said that this is not unusual. They spend some time trying to get just the right dose so Mom felt better about that. Her other levels where good. She was experiencing some kidney level abnormalities the last two times and this time all was well which was encouraging. The meal enhancement medicine does seem to be increasing her appetitie, however, she can not eat as much. She seemed pleased with the fact that she even wanted to eat which was a blessing for sure. She does not go back until next week so we pray all will be well and she will be able to have the treatment. She has not had much pain at all. This is just a miracle in itself. No pain medicine. She has not had to take any in almost 2 weeks. Tylenol is the strongest stuff she has taken. I can not remember if I posted this already but if you have a tumor in your gallbladder and there is no pain- that is GOD! Thank you all so much for asking about Mom and our family and telling me you have been reading the blog. Those are sweet, precious words to hear. I heard a song on the radio this morning and I have to have it. It is by Casting Crowns and it is called "Praise You Through This (The?) Storm. How awesome are the words to this song. It talks about God holding every tear in his hands. If you really, really, really think hard about that and picture that in your mind- there is all kinds of comfort. That is going to be my motto- Praise Him through this storm because you know satan (nope, not going to capitilize his name) just wants us to whine and feel sorry for ourselves. Heck no, I am proud of how my Mom and Dad are dealing with this and I am here to shout it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Theresa, thanks so much for posting your blog. It does let me know how things are. When Diego and I were down, she was just diagnosed. I had no idea she was even going in for surgery! But after Nikki called, I just prayed. I didn't want to be in the way with such news, figured everyone needed time to wrap their brains around it. Next time we're down, we will visit for sure! Love you all and miss you lots. I have an awesome family! I am proud of you all!
ReplyDelete